Description and features
This girls sewing pattern is a bundle of two tunics and a pair of leggings.
I’ve made countless variations of those “tunic and leggings” sets over the years and I believe this pattern can be of good use to any mom of girls. They are perfect for a long day of “work” and play.
You can make a different set (or only the tunic/leggings) any time you have a piece of nicely printed knit fabric.
This pattern has two different variations of the tunic as you can see in pictures (A and B). You can mix the sleeves and sleeve length options to create a unique set of clothing for any season and occasion.
Features of the tunic pattern
For version A:
• short sleeves;
• contrasting binding, sleeves and back;
• fabric/lace bow at the back;
• high/low hemline;
• layered PDF feature of the pattern. This allows you to print only the sizes you are going to need.
• seam and hem allowance included;
• a step-by-step sewing tutorial.
For version B:
- short and long sleeves;
- high/low hemline;
- layered PDF feature;
- cutting and sewing instructions.
Skill level: Intermediate, sewing with knits
Sizes: 2,3,4,5,6,7 years old (See the Size Chart below for detailed measurements)
You are going to need light to medium-light weight knit fabric for both primary and contrasting fabric. The fabric should have a good recovery and 50% to 75% 2-way or 4-way stretch. Some kind of jersey knit would be a good choice. For both sets presented on the images, I’ve used 95%/5% rayon/elastane.
We don’t recommend woven fabrics for this pattern.
Fabric consumption: 50 inches/130 cm of 54 inches/130 cm fabric. Additional 20 inches/50 cm long piece of contrasting fabric for version A.
- Elastic for the leggings waistline;
- 1 yard of lace tape for the bow and sleeves (only for version A).
For body measurements, please refer to the chart below.
• Regular sewing machine. Use a narrow zigzag stitch (or any type of stitch that tolerates stretching according to your machine manual) to join the details.
• Scissors for the fabric and for the paper.
Optional: serger and a coverstitch machine
Detailed printing, cutting, and sewing instructions are provided in the sewing pattern description.
A big thank you to the great pattern testers who’ve helped me to make this pattern one of high quality!